CITE THE BOOK ONLY AND USE QUOTES TO BACK UP CLAIMS
Mantel’s innovation is to make Cromwell not exactly a hero, but a central character who attracts sympathy and admiration despite his ruthlessness.” How does she do this? How does Mantel make Cromwell not just powerful but sympathetic?
For your essay, draw on Ingrid von Rosenberg’s article, “A Popular Genre Goes Booker Hilary Mantel’s ‘Other’ Royal Novels Wolf and Bring Up the Bodies.”
• Examine Mantel’s choice of language, dialogue, dramatic scene.
Food for thought:
• “The exclusive use of Cromwell’s personal perspective allows Mantel to probe her hero’s thoughts and memories and, at the same time, to take a view of a whole society. … his view .. is, so to speak, the valid judgment on what is going on.” (von Rosenberg, 168)
• “It was noted of him in life that though he was ruthless when he had determined a course of action, he was personally kind, the tone of applications to him suggests a man who goes beyond his remit in helping others. He seemed to have more time for women than most of his contemporaries, and to maintain friendships with women. When some plot against the regime raised its head, he acted (I suggest) as a restraint on the king; sometimes you would expect a bloodbath, and 164 there isn’t one. In politics I think that his natural bent was towards arbitration and conciliation, certainly to peace rather than war. (20l7b)” Mantel in personal email to Ingrid von Rosenberg
• Plan your essay by collecting together points for your argument. In the main body of your essay, you need to thread your developing argument through each paragraph consistently and logically, referring back to the terms established by the prompt, rephrasing and reframing as you go.
• Ensure your essay doesn’t disintegrate into a series of disconnected building blocks. Create a neat and stable bridge between one paragraph and the next.
• Use discourse markers—linking words and phrases like “on the other hand,” “however,” “although,” and “moreover”—to hold the individual paragraphs of your essay together and signpost the connections between different sections of your overarching argument.
Please note that an A-level essay will demonstrate all of the following:
• A clear introduction which orientates the reader and outlines your main argument.
• A coherent and conceptualized argument which relates to the question title.
• A confident movement around the text rather than a chronological picking through it.
• Apt and effective quotations or references adapted to make sense withing the context of your own sentences.
• A range of effective points about Byatt’s narrative methods.
• A strong and personally engaged awareness of how a text can be interpreted by different readers and audiences in different ways at different times.
• A sense that you are prepared to take on a good range of critical and theoretical perspectives.
• A conclusion which effectively summarizes and consolidates your response and relates back to your essay title.
• A good title.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Essay Assign, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.