This paper will be a critical analysis of one of the (two) forensic psychology issues raised in the documentary Murder on a Sunday Morning, which you can begin watching at any time. Please note that you will be responsible for watching the entire film in order to be able to successfully complete your second term paper. The film can be found on YouTube athttps://youtu.be/MA2n0OYk3qA.
For this paper, you will choose one of the two major forensic psychology topics that contributed to the wrongful prosecution of this case: eyewitness identification or false confession. You will then analyze how this one factor contributed to the prosecution of the defendant, 15 year old Brenton Butler. You will need to identify three empirical (research) articles on the factor you selected (eyewitness identification or false confession) that are related to the facts of the case. Each of the three empirical articles should have at least one experiment where they are collecting data – usually with participants – and testing their hypotheses. Your term paper should clearly:
1) Make an argument for how the factor you chose (eyewitness identification or false confessions) contributed to the defendant’s wrongful prosecution (this portion of your paper should be approximately 1 page).
2) Provide a critical analysis of each the three empirical articles that you identified as supportive of your argument (in #1). For each article, describe the research question tested by the research, describe how the authors tested that question and what they found, and relate their findings to the case presented in the documentary. If a journal article you choose has more than one experiment, choose the first experiment to analyze for your term paper. This analysis should be critical, noting strengths and weaknesses both in the study itself and in its relevance to the case in question (approximately 1 page per article, for a total of 3 pages).
3) End your term paper with an evaluation of the overall prosecution in this case in light of the material we have covered in the second half of the class (with Dr. Dysart). You should discuss both eyewitness identification and false confessions in this section, regardless of which factor you chose for the first 4 pages of the assignment. Your overall evaluation will be approximately 1/2 page. Finally, make recommendations about how the prosecution of this case could have been improved (approximately 1/2 page).
4) Include a Reference section with the three articles you selected along with any other sources you used to complete your paper. You do not need to include a reference for the film itself or the text book.
Your assignment must follow APA formatting including:
1) Size 12 font, preferably Times New Roman
2) Use double-spacing
3) Insert page numbers on top right (header)
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Essay Assign, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.