For this assignment, you will write a short paper proposing a strategy to minimize the negative impact a selected issue may have on the criminal justice system.
There are many controversial topics in the field of criminal justice. So far, you have been introduced to a few of these issues, such as improper or excessive use of force, police corruption, disparity in prison sentences based on race, improper training or policies, racial profiling, and civil liability, to name a few. Often, these issues create a negative public perception of the criminal justice system.
Excessive use of force- Topic of the paper
Next, identify and utilize a problem solving strategy after reviewing the Problem-Solving Strategies and Sample document. You may also use your own strategy. Additionally, you need to identify and analyze an evidence-based practice that will be most effective in dealing with the issue you selected. In your paper, analyze the controversial issue and describe how it may negatively affect public perception of the criminal justice system.
Prompt: Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
1. Issue Presented: Summarize the issue in the form of a brief one-sentence question.
2. Short Answer: Provide a short answer which summarizes the conclusion of your paper.
3. Statement of Facts: Describe how the issue may negatively affect public perception of the criminal justice system.
4. Discussion: Provide a brief discussion of the issue, including the recent history of the issue and any legal precedents related to it.
5. Conclusion: Provide a conclusion based on the details of the issue outlined in the Discussion section.
a. Based on your reading, propose at least one evidence-based practice to minimize the negative impact this issue may have on public perception of the criminal justice field.
b. Describe what possible successful outcomes might result from addressing this issue by analyzing it with evidence-based practices.
Reference course readings to support your submission.
Guidelines for Submission: Your submission should be at least 2 to 3 pages in length (in addition to title and reference pages) and should use double spacing, 12point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. Use APA style to cite your sources within the text of your paper and on the reference page.