Must adhere to any and all direcions given. Teacher is very specfic and very strict. Ive included the “Alter” pdf provided by the instructor so please use this for the analysis about technology. It is the simplest of all of them, Teacher instructions below.
1. Summarize article by Alter, Jacoby or Richard Rothstein’s article “The Color of Law: Racial Zoning” (I believe that I accidentally “forgot” to put the author’s name. Of course, enterprising students would simply have googled it and FOUND THAT information. However, if you did not go that far, that is Jacoby’s larger point in her article about “Middlebrow” Culture which is ABOUT how lazy and how little we want to learn.)
2. Create a thesis that makes an argument or offers analysis of one of the articles. THAT THESIS will REFLECT HOW you APPLY what you learned to SOMETHING YOU HAVE RESEARCHED (how do you now USE what you have LEANRED to UNDERSTAND something about society or people or culture). This is a thesis written by one of your peers (I have permission to use) “Many people don’t understand the consequences and how bad addictive technology can affect our lives on a daily basis.” I read this thesis and ask myself two questions of clarification: A) What are the consequences? B) How it can affect our lives? After discussing with the student, ONE (of a possible 3 supporting arguments) is that an addiction to technology affects people’s sleeping habits. People are now sleeping less and less each day. The CONSEQUENCES of sleeping so little is that people are more agitated, angry, dissatisfied, they even have bad eating habits and have gained wait as a RESULT of this lack of sleep which is AFFECTED by their ADDICTION TO TECHNOLOGY. Now, I would then FIND and CITE the RESEARCH I did that PROVED THE ABOVE. So, I will have done the TWO THINGS REQUIRED: i) Applied the article I read and ii) cited my information. By the way, we came up (as we discussed in our conference) with more examples. Another example was about how informal students were when they speak to and address professors. I have seen an increase in the lack of formality the last few years. Students who write “hey” when addressing me, or call “Ms” instead of “Dr.” or students who YELL in ALL CAPS as if that means anything to me. Or, students who misspell words throughout the entire email or students who don’t use correct punctuation or capitalize sentences etc. My point? It’s all so casual, with a disregard for etiquette and that is what we have lost as a society (oh man, that is a paper idea) as a RESULT of our addiction to technology. We NO longer KNOW how to talk to people and we don’t care to learn. By “we”, “I” don’t mean “me”.
3. In other words, you do RESEARCH and FIND a way to APPLY what you learned. For example, in the article about racial zoning, you can find 1 or MORE examples that SHOW HOW racial zoning affects INDIVIDUALS, COMMUNITIES, and MORE (whatever the more here is).
4. You then QUOTE and CITE BOTH the article you used AND the information you found (citations make it easy for “me” to go “find” the article or website or book that you used, if “I” want to do more research. It gives me the easy information “I” need to find that piece.
5. In the end, the question is simply this…did you learn something (Jacoby’s article is about this) from the articles you read? And, can you now APPLY what you have learned to what is happening in society?
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Essay Assign, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.