his is a lab report concerning a laboratory experiment I did. The experiment was a Multi Gravity Separation (MGS Flotation) of a sample Niobium ore received from a mine in Canada, Niobec mine. Basically we received 40kg of Niobium ore to separate through flotation technic “Multi Gravity Separation”. After conducting successfully the experiment and obtained results from the laboratory we have to write a report about those results. The procedure of the experiment followed the same as any MGSeparation described in the documents I have attached. The results should be analyzed and conclusions must be taken. I have attached several literature reviews on the same experiment so that you can have a clear idea and guide for the lab report.
– 40kg of Niobec Ore was received to be analyzed (See picture)
– The 40kg sample feed (T1) was first regrinded to a suitable size to obtain a uniform grain size
– The second step was to separate the 40kg sample through Multi Gravitation Separation FLotation technic in order to obtain the valuable mineral in concentrate 1, the second valuable mineral in concentrate 2 and the undesired or gangue mineral in the final tailings. This has been done successfully in 2 steps (see pictures). In the first first separation stage, we obtained the first valuable mineral that we called concentrate 1 (T2), the rest from this separation was considered as tailings and was separated for the second time and we obtained the second valuable mineral concentrate 2 (T3). The rest of concentrate 2 was then considered as undesired mineral or gangue mineral called tailings (T4).
– Each of these minerals, valuable mineral Concentrate 1, 2 and the undesired mineral tailings obtained were sent to another lab for further analyze of the result of this separation. Before doing that, we had to make 5 samples (small bags) of each concentrate 1 (T2) concentrate 2 (T3) a tailings (T3) and then send them to the second lab. To ensure that concentrate 1, 2 and final tailings are consistent (minerals successfully separated into 3) and that each of them is made of the same mineral, we had calculated the density of each of them. This process was repeated 5 times for each to make sure our results are consistent in terms of density. We found that the separation was successful since each Concentrate 1, 2 and tailings have gave individually a consistent density after the 5 repeats (see table attached).
– The separated samples was then sent to another laboratory and the result was received as a table with the XRF data for the samples sent away (please see table attached).
The job here is to write a lab report about this experiment. The level of this experiment is PHD level in Mineral processing and for this case in Niobium ore separation (Ore coming from a real mine, Niobec Mine in Canada).
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Essay Assign, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.