Project 3: Press Kit (100 points possible)
The goal for this assignment is to allow you to understand how to create a press packet that would help publicize a client of your choice. For this assignment, you will select a company/client (a new company/client you have not yet covered in class), and complete the following components:
Your press kit will contain the following items:
1. Backgrounder Document (example: pg. 148): Type a one-page (Times New Roman, 12 point font/double spaced, etc.) report on the background/history of the company/client (on company letterhead). This must be a complete page of your original writing based on research from credible sites or other sources.
2. Fact Sheet (example: pg. 152): Type a one-page (Times New Roman, 12 point font/double spaced, etc.) bullet point list on company letterhead. The bullet points should be current information you can highlight about the company/client (not an event, but on the overall client/company).
3. Press Release 1 (example: pg. 118): Create a product news release for your company/client.
4. Press Release 2 (example: pg. 123): Create an event for your company/client.
5. Public Service Announcement Script: Think about any components of your company/client that could be turned into an informative PSA you would hear on the radio. For example, MTV may sponsor a PSA discussing the importance of afterschool music programs for elementary-aged children. The PSA may not be speaking directly about the company/client; however, a good public relations specialist would be able to draw a connection and mention the company/client in the PSA. You will need to use sources to help gather correct information for this component. The PSA should be about 1 minute and 30 seconds; however, you do not need to record the PSA, just create a descriptive script.
6. Brochure: Feel free to use a brochure template in Word, Smore, App of your choice, etc. profiling the upcoming event discussed in Press Release 2
7. Your company business card: Feel free to use a template to include your agency/company name, position, and contact information you would include in your press kit folder.
The Point of the Press Kit:
Not all press material can be tailored to certain audiences, so public relations specialists often create folders containing general information. This information is useful because it can be sent out in advance, and then the specialist can follow-up with media personnel after they believe the material has been received. Also, public relations specialists can give these kits out at client/company events.
Refer to the writing tips sheet for information about writing errors to avoid. You are required to have the following elements:
· Typed, double spaced, and one-inch margins all around
· Use only Times New Roman size 12 font
· Include a reference page in MLA or APA format
· AP style writing for the News Releases
**If you are concerned about this paper and the writing element, please feel free to get help from the Writing Center. This is a great resource to get help eliminate grammatical or citation errors. Also, feel free to visit me during my office hours for help.
**All materials must be submitted online on Canvas before 8:00 a.m. on December 3rd.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Essay Assign, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.