(1) Following the lead of Herbert Gans (The Functions of Poverty), write a short essay about the functions of another social ill.
(2) You have read about the process of McDonaldization. For this question I want you to use Ritzer’s concepts to describe the McDonaldization of higher education.
(3) Globalization affects most aspects of contemporary social life. Using the chapter in Ritzer as your guide, identify both advantages and disadvantages (and for whom) of globalization.
(4) Theorizing is often linked to both developments in society at large and the individual-level experiences of theorists. With that in mind, discuss the emergence of theories such as Feminist Theory, Queer Theory, and Critical Theories of Race and Racism?
(5) Ritzer discusses what he calls Micro-Macro integration. What does that mean? Give examples. [2 points]
(6) Most sociological theories emphasize either structure or agency, but some of the theories discussed in this chapter attempt to integrate these two opposing theoretical orientations. What is the problem these theories need to resolve? [2 points]
(7) Anthony Giddens is one major theorist here – describe (as best as you can) his structuration theory? [2 points]
(8) Pierre Bourdieu is another major theorist – describe (as best as you can) his theory of habitusand field. [2 points]
(9) Jürgen Habermas is yet another major theorist – describe (as best as you can) his theory of the colonization of the life-world. [2 points]
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Essay Assign, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.