The Coca-Cola Company and Pepsi Co

(Stackelberg) In the market for soft drinks, two major competitors are PepsiCo and The Coca-Cola Company. Suppose they are the only producers of soft drinks and they face an world- market inverse demand of P = 200 – 0.5Q, where Q represents the total demand for soft drinks (QP + QC). If PepsiCo’s per-unit cost is $40, and Coca-Cola’s per-unit cost is $30, and neither firms have fixed costs. Suppose The Coca-Cola Company is the leader (makes its output decision before PepsiCo) and PepsiCo is the follower (makes its output decision after The Coca-Cola Company).

a. (20 pts) What are the Nash equilibrium price and quantities in this game?

Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
The Coca-Cola Company and Pepsi Co
Just from $13/Page
Order Essay

b. (10 pts) What are the profits for the two competitors?

question 2

You have one item for sale in your store. The marginal cost of production is MC=$10, the probability of getting a high value customer who is willing to pay $25 is 30% and the probability of getting a low value customer willing to pay $15 is 70%. Compute the expected profit under the following different scenarios:

a. (10 pts) You choose a unique price to post and find your expected profit. Which price maximizes your expected profits?

b. (10 pts) You organize an auction (2nd price, sealed) and two people show up. Find your expected auction profit.

c. (10 pts) Go back to part b. You impose a reservation price (minimum you are willing to accept to sell the good) for the auction. The winner of the auction has to pay at least the reservation price of the seller. What is your expected profit is your reservation price is $20?

Essay Assign
Calculate your paper price
Pages (550 words)
Approximate price: -

Our Advantages

Plagiarism Free Papers

All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.

Free Revisions

All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.

Title-page

A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.

Bibliography

Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.

Originality & Security

At Essay Assign, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.

24/7 Customer Support

Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.

Try it now!

Calculate the price of your order

We'll send you the first draft for approval by at
Total price:
$0.00

How it works?

Follow these simple steps to get your paper done

Place your order

Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.

Proceed with the payment

Choose the payment system that suits you most.

Receive the final file

Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.

Our Services

We work around the clock to see best customer experience.

Pricing

Flexible Pricing

Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.

Communication

Admission help & Client-Writer Contact

When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.

Deadlines

Paper Submission

We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.

Reviews

Customer Feedback

Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.