Purpose and Course Outcomes
The discussion topic this week pertains to the following Course Outcomes.
- CO 1: Consider the role of the professional nurse in relation to the concepts of integrity and ethical accountability within nursing practice. (POs 4, 6)
- CO 2: Explore the impact of contemporary healthcare issues on the role of the professional nurse. (PO 7)
- Answer post due by Wednesday 11:59 PM MT in Week 7
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructor due by Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 7
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate scholarly resources
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
Have you ever been asked to work mandatory overtime? If so, what was your response?
Did you work the requested hours, or did you refuse? If you refused, what were the consequences, if any?
What is your opinion about the use of mandatory overtime?
Explain the pros and cons of this practice and how you lean toward either allowing or prohibiting it.
**NOTE: This course does not include lessons. Please cite your textbook to earn points in the discussion rubric.