Hi writer! I put in a two page report because they didn’t have an option of a powerpoint. But basically the instructions below explain everything. A raw date recorded (should be about one page) then a powerpoint on what the instructions say. A POWERPOINT IS NEEDED NOT A WRITTEN PAPER. ALTHOUGH, A PAGE WORD DOCUMENT WITH RECORDED DATA IS NEEDED AS WELL WITH THE POWERPOINT.
You are each working on an independent wellness intervention on yourself. You will turn in a powerpoint of the results of your intervention (including with graphical representation of your data). You will also turn in your raw data.
You have all read chapter 9. The basis for your intervention will be applying the approaches used in field of health psychology to improve your own wellness. Health psychology addresses or seeks to study psychological factors that are important to the promotion and maintenance of health and wellbeing (and to decrease preventable problems).
There are several factors well known to influence health, wellness, and the immune system. You must choose one of the following four areas: Sleep, Exercise, or Relaxation/Mindfulness.
Steps in Designing Your Intervention
1. Determine the target of your intervention. What most impacts your response to triggers that create a stress response in your your life. Reflect on your sleep, the amount of exercise you get, your state of mind/approach to stress. How often do you intentionally engage in relaxation or mindfulness to combat stress? Choose one or more of the three following areas (Sleep, Exercise, or Relaxation/Mindfulness) that you could improve in order to improve your overall wellness. Do some research on interventions related to your specific goal.
2. Think about why you have chosen this goal. What are the benefits to you if you make this lifestyle change?
3. Think specifically and behaviorally. For instance, If you decide that changing your sleep would improve wellness in your life, what would your intervention (change in sleep) be? Do you want to increase the total amount of sleep you get? Be specific about your intervention. Determine exactly what your intervention will look like (e.g., will use sleep protocol to reduce temperature in room, do 2 hours of no screens before bed, put lavender pillow on eyes, etc…) Trouble shoot what could go wrong with your plan (knowing you and your lifestyle). Plan around that…
4. Think about measurement. If you do the intervention, what outcomes could you expect to see (e.g., change in alertness, decrease in self-reported stress on a scale from 1-10, self-reported level of fatigue, self-reported level of well-being or life satisfaction. How will you operationalize (and measure and track) relevant variables or behaviors in your intervention. You will need to log relevant data daily. How will you accurately track (notebook, iphone, excel spreadsheet).
5. Write it all out formally
a. Behavior I am trying to change, I am seeking increase or decrease in behavior, etc…
b. Intervention: (define clearly)
c. Outcomes I expect from this intervention (e.g., self-reported energy level, etc..)
d. Pieces of data I will track and method of gathering data
e. Determine how you will present your data (you must include a graph of your outcome variable over time that intervention is going on)
6. Scoring for your final projectwill lose a full grade for lateness:
o Design of Intervention (follows good behavioral principles for full credit): 20 points
o Identification of obstacles you accounted for: 10 points
o Data Collection Logs (all entries complete for full credit) 20 points
o Presentation of Data in Graphical Form (accurate x & y axis for full credit) 10 points
o Include Raw Data 10 points
Note that the X axis is time. It is on the bottom. The y axis is your outcome and should be on the left (running top to bottom). You need to plot a graph and present your data.
o Anything you would do differently with regard to design? Reflection on your attempts to change your own behavior (for full credit must address all of following: difficulty of change, emotions you experienced during intervention, role of group vs. changing behavior alone, any personal thoughts about outcome) 30 points
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Essay Assign, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.