Persuasive Sp Outline
Your Topic (all major words capitalized): (Followed by a fun question or phrase)
Specific Purpose: To persuade my audience about…(your topic)
Organization Pattern: Problem-Solution, Refutation, Comparative Advantages, Monroe’s Motivated Sequence (just the main pattern)
I. Gain Attention: Plan every word of a vivid story, surprising statement or fact, powerful quotation, hypothetical example, cool demonstration, rhetorical question…
II. Reveal & Relate Topic to Audience: State your topic & explain how it affects listeners (why they should care about it).
III. Establish Speaker’s Credibility: Tell us why you chose the topic, what special knowledge or experience you have (&/or what work you did to prepare this sp).
IV. Preview of Points: List ALL the main pts that you’ll discuss in the Body (in order!).
I. Brief label for 1st main pt OR sentence listing the sub-pts in this section (like There are 2 unusual features you need to know about the…).
A. Sentence about 1st sub-pt.
1. Cite source at beginning of sentence & underline it. Then share the support (like a Statistic). For example: According to a May 2018 article in the New York Times, 80 million people… Notice how you only underline the citation, NOT the support!
2. Explain the Statistic/s verbally & visually (on a slide, using a table, bar graph, pie chart, or the new Assertion-Evidence Style J).
[Transition: Describe the relationship between the 2 sub-pts such as → At this point, you might be wondering… or What’s even stranger is…]
B. Sentence about 2nd sub-pt.
1. Cite source at beginning of sentence & underline it. Then share the support (such as Expert Opinion). For example: The official webpage of…states, and I quote, “for the last 20 years doctors have….”
2. Explain the Expert Opinion (also represent the person/ideas on a slide, for example use Assertion-Evidence Style with the quote as the top sentence & then a pic of the expert &/or topic on bottom).
[Transition: Let audience know you’re moving from 1st to 2nd main pt such as → Another cause of…is… or Now that you know what/how…, let’s look at how/why… ]
II. Brief label of 2nd main pt OR sentence listing the sub-pts in this section.
A. Sentence about 1st sub-pt (see previous instructions) OR go straight to support (see instructions in B just below). If your support is an Historical Example, you might say: To illustrate my point, let’s look at Roseburg, a town of just over 22,000 people in southern Oregon. In 1989, they… Just underline the “citation” part, not the whole story.
B. Then, develop the Example with relevant details. For instance: In the beginning, Roseburg had to worry about… But today, they enjoy…. When you paraphrase, use vivid & concise language. On your slide/s, use Assertion-Evidence Style J or the traditional list of bulleted keywords with an image/pic. No paragraphs!
[Transition: Use a simple word/phrase like → Lastly, Furthermore, In contrast, Not surprisingly, Fortunately…]
C. Sentence about 2nd sub-point or go straight to support.
1. If support is a Personal Story, you might say: As someone who lived through the 2008 Sichuan Earthquake, I can tell you… Just don’t underline the support. We only underline the citation, NOT the Testimony, Statistic or Example!
2. On the slide, the traditional list of keywords with an image/pic could help us follow the key ideas in the quotation; again, never show a paragraph.
I. Signal End: In closing, To sum up, Today we’ve…
II. Summarize the Problems: Do this in 2-3 sentences. Mention all of the main problems with some nice details you want us to remember or “take away” from the sp.
III. Call to Action / Summarize the Solutions: Do this in 2-3 sentences. Mention all of the main solutions with some nice details you want us to remember or “take away” from the sp.
This assignment involves recording an 8-minute speech that persuades your listeners to change their beliefs &/or actions. During the speech, you will present 8-18 PowerPoint slides & use no more than 8 small notecards.
The persuasive speeches will be graded holistically. I will not use a point-based rubric like the previous 2 minor speeches. Rather, I will look broadly at your Content, Organization, Delivery & Materials when assigning a grade that ends in 7, 4 or 1. For example, 87% for a B+, 84% for a B, & 81% for a B-.
7 Steps for Success
A. Select File Upload, choose the PDF &/or WORD doc of your final/revised Preparation Outline, & submit.
B. Select Text Entry, click on the electrical plug/cord next to the green film icon, & select Embed Kaltura Media. Check the box next to your Video, click Embed & then submit.
C. In the Comments Box, answer 3 Reflection questions with 2-4 clear & concise sentences for each question:
1) What 2-3 things went especially well for you when preparing &/or delivering this speech?
2) What 2-3 things would you really like to go back & do differently or better in terms of your preparation &/or your delivery?
3) Looking back on the term, what are your takeaways/lessons you are taking with you when it comes to public speaking?
Requirements: exactly as the outline
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Essay Assign, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.