This is an individual project of 3000 words +/- 10%.
Your task: critically describe and evaluate Ali Baba’s current organizational structure and overall business configuration and then suggest a suitable adaptation to improve its performance. The adaptation might be to flatten it, make it more customer focused, nimble, networked, cost efficient, or any combination of these or another significant performance improvement that you identify.
Assignment guidelines: You should include the following headings in your assignment:
i) Critical evaluation of the organization-s current status; ii) Critiqueofcurrentrestructuringplanandoptions
iii) Action & control plan
Issues which are dealt with in each section do not intend to exclude others you may consider relevant as well.
i) Critical evaluation of the organization’s current status
Issues that may be covered include (though not exclusively):
• Analyze the Ali Baba’s main business line by profits and revenues along with the various business models the Corporation has pursued in the various market segments during the past five years both in China and Worldwide.
• Identify which environmental factors (Use Raskino and Gartner Group’s model) may have influenced the company’s Business strategy (use Porter’s generic strategy framework) and the type of control strategy the organisation has chosen (bureaucratic, market and clan). Explain how the concept of Smart business applies to the Alibaba group.
• Indicate three major business policies the company currently uses to guarantee that Ali Baba will effectively meet its growth objectives. Comment on how the organisation structure, culture and processes have evolved in recent years to support such policies up to the pre-COVID era.
ii) Critique of current reorganization plan and options
The restructuring plan post-COVID should set out :
• Main strategic objectives sought.
• Any concomitant changes to the organisation’s strategic vision, business
philosophy, use of technology and alliances.
• Improvements needed to the existing organisation and the nature of the
program – cost reduction, operational improvement, service improvement and
any related changes to management style and skills.
• Whether to drop (divest) any current SBUs, which ones to develop further, and
which new ones to start.
• Type of control strategy the organisation will use (bureaucratic, market and
iii) The Action & Control Plan In this part formulate actions to concretise the restructuring
• A milestone action plan indicating who will be responsible (Strategic Business Unit, Division) for the respective actions to be undertaken in the implementation of the restructuring plan, and when these actions will be undertaken.
• An overall framework to monitor and control (measure) that the restructuring plan is being implemented to required time, quality and cost standards and its goals achieved.
Conclusion: Summary and explanation of findings and methodology
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Essay Assign, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.